As humans, we all want our hair looking fabulous all the time if possible. We straighten, use chemicals, colors, hot combs and do so many things to our hair all in the bid to look nice. There is nothing wrong with looking nice and having your hair at its utmost best.The right steps do need to be taken though to attain the look you want for your hair.
To keep your hair looking its best; here are a few DOs and DONTs of mine.
1. DO wash your hair at least once in 2weeks.
2. DO trim the split ends of your hair .
3. DO have a deep conditioning treatment as often as possible and with almond oil if scalp is dry.(at least once a month)
4. DO use a conditioner after every wash
5. DO allow your hair have a resting period in between weaves and any form of extensions.
6. DO alternate between styles to take pressure off hairline and crown of hair/head
7. DO moisturise hair with a hair moisturiser
8. DO wrap hair in silk scarf when going to bed to avoid rubbing against cotton pillow cases. Hair will loose moisture.
9. DO feel free to try on a wig at the hair shop to determine if a certain hairstyle suits you
10. DO always ask your hairstylist about the progress of your hair
1. DO NOT use straighteners all the time on your hair.It thins it out
2. DO NOT apply heavy oil products on your hair. It weighs it down and restricts movement of the hair
3. DO NOT pull your hair too tightly in ponytails. You damage your hairline
4. DO NOT do too much of the same hairstlyes that put pressure on the same points of your hair/ head.
5. DO NOT have a full head weave done immediately after a relaxer chemical treatment. Its too much pressure all at once. Have a few tracks put in instead.
6. DO NOT just apply any colour to your hair. Make sure you do a 24hr skin test with a bit of the colour on your skin before usage. This is to ensure you are not allergic to it.
7.DO NOT make your relaxer applications too frequent. At least 8 week intervals in-between relaxer appointments.
8. DO NOT scratch scalp before relaxer appointments,;else you burn quickly even with barrier creams.
9. DO NOT frequently use bonding glue on your hair. Glue takes quite a portion of the hair out when being taken out.
10. DO NOT leave braids in for too long. Maximum of 6 weeks.
These are my basic DOs and DONTs. Your hair would thank you for showing it so much love.
Remain Beautiful. x